Wednesday, November 26, 2008




Today I hiked in the rainforest!!! I got to see brown lemurs play in the tree, which was adorable! There were awesome plants, like this one that was a like a snake, called the strangler, and it was strangling another tree. My mom had a leech put on her hand, and it grew as it sucked her blood! As grotesque as it sounds, it actually cleaned her bloodstream. It is raining now, as it does every afternoon (early morning for you is afternoon for us). There is a photo of the kids from Antananarivo wearing Mike’s, Alannah’s, Summer’s, Lillie’s, and Zach’s t-shirt. They are kids who go to my school. Everyone else’s shirts will be worn by kids from other villages that we haven’t been to yet but we will get to those villages soon. I’m having a great time in Madagascar!!!!! In the bottom photo, you see us pointing to a sign. The name of this town means Boulder

3 comments:

Ninny said...

Wow! Lemurs and leeches and stranglers adn exotic fruits! What an amazing adventure. Thanks, Nathan. It is great fun to read your blogs. Maya says, "yuk" to the leech! Your mom says you are learning some new words, too? What language is it? Liz-got your email and forwarded to the group. It must almost be Thanksgiving in your time, so Happy Thanksgiving from America. Love, Ninny

Anne Burton said...

Hi, Nathan! I'm a friend of Joan's from Louisville. I'm enjoying hearing about your trip and seeing the pictures. Please say "hi" to Joan and wish her a happy birthday tomorrow (Nov. 30)--or maybe it's today there. Anyway, happy travels.

Morgan P. said...

It sounds like you're having a great time. What a cool journey! Sorry I haven't written to you sooner. My phone deleted the blogspot address but the pictures you have taken are really neat. I wish I could be there and see the lemurs too.
-Morgan