Friday, November 21, 2008

PARIS




I'm in Paris!!!!!!!! I've been looking around and it is an amazing city. The buildings are all a beautiful tan color, which makes the black tower of Notre Dame stand out. I've climbed up the towers of Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, and the Eiffel tower, which is 8740 km from Antanarivo, Madagascar (see photo- I'm pointing at the Malagasy flag and next left of it says Antanarivo and below that is 8740 km). Unfortunately, you aren't allowed to take the stairs up to the third floor of the Eiffel Tower, you have to take the elevator. The Eiffel is even more beautiful after dark, when it is lit up blue. The disadvantage of going after dark is that the stairs are closed, and we had to take the elevator down, to my disappointment and my moms relief. I thought the Arc de Triomphe was a good view. Thats nothing compared to the Eiffel. The Arc de Triomphe was ornate, beautiful, and an amazing view of both the Eiffel (see photo) and the rest of Paris. I've also been to the beautiful, grassy Luxemborg gardens, and the Pantheon, that has amazing carvings and an awesome dome. The art at the Louvre and at the Rodin museums is stunning!!! Paris has a calm ambiance and it is awesome.

5 comments:

Georges said...

Bonjour Nathan, it sounds like you are having a great time in Paris. You know, you are just 8740 km away from my hometown Antananarivo :-)

Ninny said...

Wow. Sounds like Paris has been beautiful and good exercise. We'll look forward to hearing how different things are in Madagascar. The Eiffel Tower must have a great view of Paris.

Ginny and Maya

Ninny said...

Those crepes look delicious. Off to the next leg of the adventure, eh? Looking forward to hearing about Madagascar.
Ginny

Peggy Lazarus said...

Just figured out how to join your blog, I think.
As I told your Mom, I enjoyed news of your Paris visit: the places, photos, exercise, and enthusiasm.
Hope you got some rest on the next plane.
Good luck,
Grandma

Unknown said...

Oh, Nathan, it makes my heart jump to think of you in Paris! I LOVE Paris and can picture all of the places you mentioned. I agree about the view from the Eiffel Tower, and I am a big fan of the Rodin museum too. I love the picture your mom sent of you two in front of Sacre Coeur. I think maybe when my family was there in 1998 we climbed the stairs (or some of them) of the Eiffel Tower, but you might have to ask my mom to make sure. I'm excited to hear about what you do next!
Love to you and your mom,
Leilani