Saturday, December 6, 2008

I’m relaxing on a beach of the Mozambique Channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We finished the LEEP program in a poor village, were it was really hot with no trees. LEEP kids from the seven villages gathered together and had a final afternoon of sharing facts about our lives. Now we get two days of vacation to end the trip. I’m having a great time and I’m going to bring home a white shell for every kid in my class as well as a piece of coral that had washed up on the shore. I got to go snorkeling by a coral reef, which was amazing!!! We saw amazingly beautiful fish! My favorite one was black with an orange tail. I collected shells on the beach of a fishing village with some Malagasy kids. I’m having a great time and am sad to know that I have to leave soon. See you all soon.

4 comments:

Ninny said...

We look forward to your return, Nathan. What a perfect way to end the trip...on the beach, collecting shells and seeing beautiful fish. What a lot you did and gave and shared.
Love, Ninny

Georges said...

Wow! I am jealous. I can't wait to see all the pictures you took. See you when you get back to Boulder.

Unknown said...

Dear Nathan. Madagascar really misses you. It is hard for me to say goodbye at the airport even we will each other again in Boulder. I wish you all safe trip back home!
YOU ARE THE PERFECT 1ST LEEP CHILD FROM USA! Fanja

Leslie P said...

Thanks for all the pictures and news! I've enjoyed "being" with you on your journey!
love, Leslie